Monday, January 5, 2009

Predator? Prey?

November 21, 2008 12:49 AM
Anonymous said...

Yeah, you're probably right. Thankfully there are no small children involved in this tawdry mess. My condolences to the family who lost a father, a brother, a son and to the ex-wives who mourn Jeff and appear to be class acts.
However, I don't view Jeff as a victim. He liked his Malibu Barbie and was willing to pay for it and indulge her fantasies of fame by signing on the dotted line for this TV show. Gretchen will get her money, but it won't last long if rumors of recreational drug use are true.

November 21, 2008 1:51 AM
Anonymous said...

Don't think anyone is a victim here. I'm sure everyone signed on the dotted line except for the car salesman who thought he could make a buck or two. When he goes broke, who is he going to sue? Her or her new man? Greed, what a beautiful thing. Does she think putting "housewives" on her resume is going to get her a movie and the academy awards. She needs to start investing now while the stocks are down the pretty face doesn't last long and there is always some right behind her. In 3 years nobody will know her.

November 21, 2008 10:19 AM
Anonymous said...

I attended Baylor University with Gretchen (not known as Rossi then) and all she is and is still known for was being a huge slut. All the Baylor folks that know her are having a field day with this!!

November 23, 2008 10:12 AM
Anonymous said...

Let's hope the car salesman has a good cover for his car. STD priceless!

November 23, 2008 4:11 PM
Anonymous said...

Especially with what she has... No shot will cure it....

November 25, 2008 10:21 PM
Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to Jeff's family.
Being someone who is in a relationship with someone 25 years my senior, I can't help but want to add my opinion. I would have never thought that I would end up with someone so much older than myself. As a matter of fact, I probably would have passed the same judgements on Gretchen that most people feel. It's hard to resist following the stereotypical opinion of a young, beautiful woman with an older successful man.
I'ts important to remember that every relationship is different and judging it by what it looks isn't always the case. If two people are happy in the relationship together and can have a life together dedicated to making the other happy...then what's the big deal? Age is just a number...
The only people that know the truth are the two that are in the relationship. There are worse things in this world than younger woman with older men. Think aboout it.

November 26, 2008 1:43 AM
Anonymous said...

But were you newly married when you started dating your older man? Did you have a boyfriend on the side when you were engaged? It's oh so convenient for Gretchen now that Jeff is dead, she can say anything she wants about the depths of their love.
I believe what Jeff's sister writes about her.
Judy Fike:
"As for Gretchen, Jeff was ready to end that relationship due to her excessive partying & mainly her "recreational drug" use. Jeff was no stranger to alcohol, but had told her it was either the drugs or him because he wouldn't live with it. Somehow she managed to convince him, and I even found this unbelievable at the time not even knowing her, that she had given up her partying & drugs for him & had returned to her religious upbringing. How or why he wanted to believe this is beyond me, but obviously he was deceived. The "Malibu Barbie" image seemed to overrule all reason."

November 26, 2008 5:25 AM
Anonymous said...

Now that I've seen the debut and live in orange county I agree with his family. She was married when she was seeing Jeff. She was seeing the car salesman while she was with Jeff. This I have seen first hand. She was the "car salesman" girlfriend before jeff passed. I've seen her and have set @ their tables at numerous nightclubs. I'm embarrassed for her. If she ever wanted a career, this was not the way about her. I don't know first hand about drug use, but alcohol u bet. As for the church and her religion, it's all for publicity and promotion of the show. I've seen her @ what she considers her church on Sundays. It serves alcohol and plenty of men more than willing to pick up the tab. The issue of his age is irrelivent. There are younger women who enjoy the company of an older man. What she did and continues to do is pathetic and embarrassing. If she is thinks she has found God, she was high as a kite. Judgement day is not going to be kind to this one.

November 26, 2008 10:09 AM
Anonymous said...

From some who knows the situation (and believe me it is way more people than just the "two in the relationship")it was a total heartbreak to watch that contrived mess last night. Jeff looked terrible and was not the person we remember. He was a jovial man with a booming deep voice, and the little frail sickly man that the world saw was NOT Jeff. He came across as a zombi-like person that was doped up. And, my guess is that he was doped up. My God, much of last night's footage was filmed on Memorial weekend when he was five months into chemotherapy treatment. With what amounts to him having no immune system due to the heavy chemo, he should not have been traipsing across the country with a film crew in his face for the sake of entertainment for a reality tv show. It was pathetic and so hard to fathom that Jeff was a willing participant. If I was so crazy about him and he were my "prince charming" I certainly would have put his health first above my wanna be career! Is it just me? Really, I would challenge any of his true friends that may read this blog to jump in here .... didn't your heart just break?

November 26, 2008 10:11 AM
Anonymous said...

So, Jeff breaks up a marriage, gets and pays for the girl he wants, has no idea how to stick to his marriage vows, dumps his Michigan family and that means Gretchen is a whore?!
Jeff was no innocent lamb. He is guilty of the same "crimes" which you accuse Gretchen.

November 26, 2008 1:51 PM
Anonymous said...

Two wrongs don't make a right. It is clear that she cheated on her husband. It is clear that Gretchen did not truly love Jeff. How could you be engaged to a man and have a secret boyfriend on the side? Let's focus on Gretchy shall we? If you were a housewife, would you want a lying woman like that to be part of YOUR social circle? If you were a respected business person would you want her to endorse your products? Host your charity events? Not me