Saturday, November 21, 2009

Bravo Removes Slade Smiley’s Blog

If I’d known this would happen, I would have copied the whole thing!  Here’s page one of what he had to say about Vicki and Tamra, and his relationship with Gretchen.

Question: Why did Bravo publish Slade’s blog, only to remove it?  I know everyone on the official website is expected to “play nice”, so why publish it at all?  Vicki must have stirred up the shit!

Slade Smiley has plenty to say.  I won’t label it a crock...you be the judge!

Slade Smiley
Up Close and Personal
Slade gives his take on the season premiere and Gretchen's five costars, and well, the truth stings.

1 of 5 pages

So I have to say, after choosing to leave the show prior to season 3, I must admit I never saw myself dealing with all this again - and I do mean dealing with. You, the lucky viewers, get to relish and enjoy all the conflict and dysfunction that the RHOC has to offer in the comfort of your own living room or on your computer. Like an idiot, I chose to live it all over again, up close and personal, in HD and Technicolor I might add. Trust me it’s rarely pretty. Damn that Gretchen is an amazing negotiator. I am still not sure how she got me to do this - It must be those wicked blue eyes of hers.

I was also a little surprised that Bravo asked if I wanted to blog about this season. I do get accused by the women of trying to be the 6th housewife. I get accused of being a serial housewife dater; I get accused of being opportunistic. I have been accused of brain washing Gretchen. Now the latest is that I am a deadbeat dad owing $80,000 in back support and that I spend no time with my terminally ill son. People are unbelievable. If that were the truth, I would be in jail! Really, come on! There is so much BS floating around out there it’s incredible. The fact that people choose to believe everything they read and then call it their truth just goes to show how ignorant some can be. I figure if I am going to be accused of all these absurd things, I should be at least getting something from all the (8U!! 5-HIT) I have put up with, so here we go, let’s get us some housewives!

The show starts off by reminding everyone how mean and rude Vicki and TB were to Lynne and Gretchen last year. For some reason Gretchen seems to have a soft spot for Vicki, which I do not share. G likes to always say, “I know she acts a little crazy, but I think she means well.” “She does have a heart.” Well frankly I have never seen it, but that’s what makes Gretchen such an amazing person. She always looks for the good in people and wants to give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe Vicki will be able to redeem herself this year - who knows. My bet is that the camera never lies and she along with the rest of the women will run themselves over with a bus and their true colors will come out. Vicki will probably continue to be the same rude, self-absorbed work-a-holic she has always been. It’s her superiority complex that gets the best of her. Vicki, there is a reason you always look like you’re losing your mind. Here is a tip, work smarter not harder. Everyone else does. There are so many people who have achieved such great success financially and still managed to have a life with friends and family and they don’t feel the need to ridicule people along the way. Please don’t assume because you choose to work so much that you are any better than anyone else or that you have accomplished anything that great. It’s all about the priorities. Sorry, but I am still waiting to be impressed. We also don’t really care about how many watches you buy yourself.

Read the next 4 pages at:

Up Close and Personal | Bravo TV Official Site (the dead link)

No comments: